Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you believe in ghosts?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 01:28 AM   #114 (permalink)
P A N
DO LIKE YOU.

i don't know if i believe in ghosts. i think one time i saw a door knob turn of its own volition in my aunts house, but i was very young. i remember being utterly gripped by fear at the time, but it really has no bearing on my current attitude toward the matter.

what i do find interesting is my good friend joe's accounts of his old country property. joe and four of his siblings were raised there, and they will all tell of two different characters inhabiting the house and yard, on top of there being this weird shadow-thing that would take over corners in well-lit rooms. i would think they just cooked this up themselves to mess with me were it not for the fact that i know several people who have slept there and told me terrifying things about it, and also that joe's dad hung himself cuz he just couldn't take the torment anymore. i'm not too familiar with the vernacular of ghost lore, but i remember joe claiming that there are different types of ghosts and the ones in his old house were of the "vex" type. apparently his mother had enlisted the help of several different "experts" and they'd all come to a similar conclusion. they were instructed to have the house demolished. they sold it 4 or 5 years ago, and just now i'm wondering if they've contacted the new owners to see if they've had similar experiences.

it was seriously f*cked though. when joe told me about it i was obviously quite skeptical. i'd never known joe to indulge in thoughts about such things and i frankly thought it was out of character. he told me about two years after his dad killed himself, and the story actually took about an hour for him to tell. it was his whole life in an hour, really. these ghosts - real or not - made him who he is today. at the end he told me that if i needed confirmation i should ask roger. roger is another person whom i would never think capable of indulging such things, but when i asked him at a party he very instantly went from his usual jovial self to telling a story while wearing the most convincing thousand-yard stare i've seen to date. creepy. as. f*ck.

none of this is to say i'm convinced. but i'm definitely not convinced they don't exist... that's for damn sure.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote