Music Banter - View Single Post - mental health thread
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #117 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
I want to avoid going back on benzo's just because of the withdrawal.

I found it extremely hard to get off Vicodin last year after my surgery - I had a sizable stash and was taking it for every ache and pain because it basically eliminated the pain.
That's fair enough hun! I hope that you don't need to go back on it. That's exactly what I did too, I was taking it all the time even though I didn't need to. What was the surgery for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stp View Post
Yeah I would have thought by eight months you would be clear of any effects attributable to the Fluoxetine.

I was taking Paroxetine for about six months. The efficacy was waning and the doctor suggested upping the dose but I decided to go off it instead. I went down to half a day for a week then stopped and had all sorts of brain zaps, fogginess, flu-like aches and emotional turmoil. The major symptoms faded after a week or two but the fogginess and fragile emotions took about three months to normalise.
That's what I thought. Wow that is a few side effects! Sorry to hear that. What do brain zaps feel like exactly?