Music Banter - View Single Post - the definition of "troll" escapes me. yes. i'm serious.
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 05:30 AM   #25 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
haha. i was joking back. maybe we joke same-wise.

now THAT'S a damn ANSWER... aside from my not knowing what "meta" means (in your usage of it) or "joeks", which could be "jokes" but i'm not sure cuz i'm not privy to what seems like a whole world of internet terminology (is this "leetspeak"?!? i've heard of that!! i'm so lame.)

anyway. hermione. you seem to know a lot about people. thank you as well this succinct reply. (even though i don't get to know what the third kind is.)
The third kind is a joke, as in, trolls that exist in legend and folklore. Like me. But unlike those cold creatures, who live under bridges and jump out and attack unwary passers-by, I have a heart.

Oh wait! Sssh! Here comes an unwary passer-by...

To be more serious, I see a troll as someone who really is not interested in a forum, or a discussion, so much as creating arguments, bad feeling and making themselves feel superior to everyone else. Like someone running into a debating society and shouting "You're all queer!" It's someone who does things purely to be noticed and make a fuss, usually negatively. Someone who wants all the focus on them, and doesn't in any other way contribute to the forum.

That's how I read it, anyway.

Last edited by Trollheart; 05-02-2013 at 06:49 AM.