Music Banter - View Single Post - the definition of "troll" escapes me. yes. i'm serious.
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #28 (permalink)
P A N
DO LIKE YOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
The third kind is a joke, as in, trolls that exist in legend and folklore. Like me. But unlike those cold creatures, who live under bridges and jump out and attack unwary passers-by, I have a heart.

Oh wait! Sssh! Here comes an unwary passer-by...

To be more serious, I see a troll as someone who really is not interested in a forum, or a discussion, so much as creating arguments, bad feeling and making themselves feel superior to everyone else. Like someone running into a debating society and shouting "You're all queer!" It's someone who does things purely to be noticed and make a fuss, usually negatively. Someone who wants all the focus on them, and doesn't in any other way contribute to the forum.

That's how I read it, anyway.
lol. i think my main problem with the forum framework is that i find it very hard to hone in on subtle things when everything is made of text. ie. i thought hermione was totally serious when she said there was a third kind. whether it be from lack of experience or lack of some mysterious facility, i currently just don't have that thing that tells me when someone is joking unless it is (perhaps more than) blatantly obvious. i'm okay with that as not knowing everything is perfectly fine to me, but as i alluded in my OP, it's definitely got me into some trouble in the past.

anyway... thanks for clearing that up TH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
Can you hit up the Tin Man and the Lion up then and journey off?
this is one of those things i was just talking about... you know, that i just don't get.

EDIT: by that i mean it sounds to me like you're telling me to f*ck off, but i'm not even sure. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Anytime you are confused about memes online just head over to know your meme. They have a pretty extensive page on trolling and the different types.

Trolling | Know Your Meme

Anyways, why is Zelda always saving the princess?
thanks for the resource.