Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #9455 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
The Besnard Lakes - Until In Excess, Imperceptible UFO

God damn...so so good. These guys keep getting better with every album. It seems they figure out what they do best with each album they release, and instead of resulting in music that sounds the same, they explore those areas even more. This is way better than I could have expected, and I loved their last album The Besnard Lakes are the Roaring Night (also highly recommended). This time around, they beef up their atmospheric emotive side but keep their indie roots going strong, creating a pretty original sound. I'm on my second listen and I'll probably listen to it again before the day is up.
I don't put much stock in RYM ratings, but they've got the albums rated best to worst starting with the debut. So far I've only heard the first two, and much preferred the first one. I haven't gone back to the second album for a second listen yet. But because I was sitting here at work without playing any music, I just put this new one on.