Music Banter - View Single Post - Vinyl collecting vs. CD collecting
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 06:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Sequoioideae
An Butthole

One thing I can attest to is vinyl being expensive. I'm practically broke because of my collecting. I try and get what I know I will like, so I don't end up having things that will clutter my room, and I invested in a decent turntable (which cost me a good amount). I only recently started to really expand my collection the last couple of years, I may have gotten at least 60-70 records with in the last year and a half, and I get a single each month from Too Pure's single club.

I'm a fan of music first, and a record collector second, so I don't rule out buying CD's, but I tend to gravitate more towards buying records if I have the option. I tend to listen to music on my computer more than my records, mainly because I like to listen to something again, and again, and again, and I don't want to wear down my records. Records provide a physical feel to a sonic art, and I actually have an "art piece" that has a 3" and 5" clear lathe cut record with various psychedelic artworks printed on high quality paper which are attached to a glossed cover and backing, which is housed in a pretty little cardboard box. A good deal of the records I have purchased also include posters, and large artwork booklets that I like to gaze at, so it feels a lot more fulfilling to have a record than a digital copy of something.

Here's that art piece I was talking about.

God Is My Solar System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
"check yr fucking posable limbs privilege you ****s"
Sequoioideae is offline   Reply With Quote