Music Banter - View Single Post - The Prog Rock Album Club
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #352 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
A few points before I begin, and I'm not meaning to get at anyone here, but there's a little confusion taking place, so I think I should clarify.

Question 5 refers to music, not instrumentals. What I'm saying here is, take out the vocals, listen to the music in each track, did you like it? I'm not talking about tracks with music only. You could relate it to musical passages in songs, but it's not meant to refer to instrumentals only. So if you liked the vocals but didn't like the music the vocalist was singing over, the answer to this woud be no (and then you could say why).

Question 8 on the other hand refers to ONLY instrumental TRACKS. So if an album has no fully instrumental tracks then this should be ignored. This does not cover long instrumental passages in a song which ends up having vocals; that's addressed in question 5.

Question 15. For some reason Unknown Soldier put n/a. This is one of the first albums we've had recently which is a debut, so the question is definitely /A! The other parts of the question should really be struck out, as this question was compiled originally to refer to debut and debut albums ONLY. If the album is NOT a debut, it's N/A, otherwise it can be answered.

Sorry to be so pedantic, but I'm just trying to clear up the confusion that these questions seem to have caused. And now, my thoughts.
I admit I've stumbled on some of these questions (not paying attention mostly) but maybe you could adapt the questionnaire to make these couple of points clearer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Since we've now reviewed a respectable amount of albums I'm planning to chart them in a league table, so tomorrow I'll start working out placings, based on an average rating for each, and see which albums made it to the top, and who recommended them. My intention is then to make that an ongoing thing, so we can see how well, or badly, our choices are faring as time goes on.

Thanks to everyone for making this club work: initially it seemed doomed, but thanks to late interest it got a second chance and now we really seem to be flying. Great job guys!
I was actually thinking of suggesting a league table some time back, so that would be a great idea.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote