Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Key

Let's start this off by talking about a few OST's that I have been talking about and really diggin' the past couple weeks.

First off, we have The Binding of Isaac OST which my avatar is based off of:

You're probably thinking to yourself, why would a soundtrack to a game hold any value, well this one in particular is special, more to do with how talented Danny Baranowski is, which is starting to become much more obvious as more indie games make their way to the top of my list of games. This soundtrack isn't really available anywhere that you could find free downloads, but hey, he's got it on his bandcamp page for .99, which is a killer deal, especially since the soundtrack has 40 tracks on it. Speaking of Danny Baranowski, the next OST I will talk about is one he also did, which is the Super Meat Boy OST:

Honestly, as hard and frustrating as the game itself is, the soundtrack really makes it worth playing over and over again, even if you feel like destroying your computer monitor in the process. It's fast paced, and a bit techno-ish, but it still makes for a great soundtrack to a fantastic indie game. Yet again, i'll mention that the soundtrack really shows how much talent Baranowski has, and I hope to see his name around more soundtracks as more games become available.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote