Music Banter - View Single Post - The Photography Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #1125 (permalink)
Zaqarbal
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Kittens View Post
They are endangered in Britain I think.
That's because of the American invasion! And this is the culprit. Something similar happens with birds. Look at this:

Quaker Parrots. Somewhere in the Americas? No. I took those pictures in an urban park in Madrid, near where I live. There are millions of them, around Europe. And they are noisy as hell. There is a "zoological globalization" in process or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Kittens View Post
Do you zoom in on these pictures or do you just get very close? I know you will zoom in to an extent anyway but the blackbird pics look like you were reasonably close to to it. Close enough for it to fly off anyway.
I use a zoom lens, of course. Anyway, you have to be very, very patient. In fact, the word that goes with "photographing birds" is...... frustrating.

I get as close as possible to them, very slowly, avoiding sudden movements. You can photograph blackbirds from about three meters away. Some birds are cagier than others. "From less to more", I'd say that: Pigeons < Quaker Parrots < Blackbirds < Magpies < Starlings < Woodpeckers.

Last edited by Zaqarbal; 05-05-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Zaqarbal is offline   Reply With Quote