Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Key

2013 is finally turning out to be a damn good year for music, especially since a lot of my favorite artists are planning to release some new albums:

Sigur Ros with Kveikur is going to be one of the best this year, I can already tell based on the newly released single alone:

^If the rest of the album is like this, I will not mind that one bit, but I won't mind it even if it's not.

Another one is highly anticipated, 13 by Black Sabbath. I'm sure a lot of us have already heard the new single that they put out, but I don't see a lot of people talking about their album art, which I find to be freaking cool as hell:

^That album cover just screams heavy metal.

Daft Punk's Random Access Memories is definitely one worth mentioning, since I have recently really gotten into them again after not listening to them for years. Really excited to see what they do throughout this album.

Last one worth mentioning for the time being is Megadeth's Super Collider which judging from the single they released, it doesn't have me too hyped up for it. I'm not saying it's not amazing that they are releasing yet another album, especially since Endgame and TH1RT3EN were both pretty good, I just feel that they may be going back to their classic sound, which really isn't too bad.

There's obviously a lot going on in the music world this year, especially with names like Ayreon, Avenged Sevenfold, and Devin Townsend releasing some new stuff this year.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote