Music Banter - View Single Post - How to music ? Serious question.
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneDeafBarbarian View Post
I'm not so much looking for band or song advice, but for listening advice, I guess. Do you sit down and do nothing while listening to a new album for the first time ? Do you just queue it up and listen to it in the background ? How do you find music you like ??
I rarely sit and do nothing while listening to music. It's something I listen to while doing other things in order to help me focus or to inspire me or to entertain me if I'm doing something dull. I listen while I'm driving, while I'm working, while I'm exercising, while I'm walking, while I'm doing chores, while I'm writing, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneDeafBarbarian View Post
I was also hoping to get into music while running/jogging, but I suppose you'd look for songs with the same BPM for something like that. How on Earth would one go about finding that ?
You're overthinking this. Just put on music that you enjoy, that pumps you up or that you can get lost in. It's not science, there's no need to match the BPM to the activity. When I used to run I'd listen to pretty mellow music actually because it helped me drift outside of the physical sensations.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote