Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #13203 (permalink)
Big Ears
Music Addict

G-Force (US 2009) is quite a funny film about guinea pigs who are secret agents. One of the most amusing parts involved a paranoid hamster who wanted his cage all to himself, despite it being in a pet shop. I know it does not sound funny, but Steve Buscemi's voice performance and the animation made it so. Although, seemingly for children, some of the sequences were a bit scary and the humour was definitely aimed at adults. I think the film was a collaboration between Disney's computer animation and Jerry Bruckheimer's live action/ preachiness. Presumably, Disney provided the cute animated guinea pigs and Bruckheimer everything else. However, it was not really expalined why the central characters are guinea pigs. I think Bill Nighy's accent was supposed to be Australian, but I am not sure. This was not explained either! Nevertheless it was enjoyable and satisfied my addiction for computer animated films, in the style of Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Antz, Happy Feet, etc. I love these films - it's the one good thing about the modern age.