Music Banter - View Single Post - The Music Banter Members' Journals Monthly Update Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Thanks! There has been a bump in the road for my other blog due to a LOT of research being done for the next few installments, one focusing on one of my all time favorite bands, Devo. Shout from 1984 has been a cause for some discussion between fans and who's fall from the Pop Scene is seriously in perfect time to the falling down of the original New Pop era, with Shout being part of a long line of albums in Late 1984 that sounded the funeral horns for that era. Out of a love of their music, and knowing more in detail of how one can hear Shout as a big disappointment, the album certainly deserves more than the usual one-line statements from the critics that may have heard the album once without knowing the history - usually a bump in the road is just a bump in the road, but this is a look into a very influential band who's fall from grace has had it's share of people with wise-ass remarks just digging away. It has it's place with both Devo's history and the era of New Pop all together, and I even dig out the album from time to time to hear a couple of tracks that still deserve a play to have fun.

As for The 60's, I hope that people will get a good understanding of the under looked tracks of a decade that has had a lot of fandom, but still not too much understanding. There's a lot of great music that deservedly is highly regarded, no complaints there, but although some know about the lack of commercial acceptance of a lot of the music that is hailed today there's a lot that's still not heard as much. I love to at least introduce a lot of music to people and even bring in some local flavor in the process while also detailing about the radio business that was changing very fast as well.

I have mentioned about two of The Pack moving into GFR, with Terry Knight being the manager for their first few years. Actually, I forgot to mention that the Mel in GFR's equation was from ? and the Mysterians, which would have made it a perfectly themed post.
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote