Music Banter - View Single Post - mental health thread
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #144 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
May I ask which disorders?
I thought my generalized anxiety disorder was morphing into something a lot more serious.

My mom expressed concern to me a few months after she noticed that I didn't cry at family member's funerals (being sad is one thing but crying is something that I don't handle well in myself and other people). I don't have a total lack of empathy towards people, though (I do have a heart!), and I don't often feel guilty about things I've done that might have negatively affected others. I am never sure how to express emotions like sadness and anger, because I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to feel when faced with a situation that would warrant those feelings. When I have a goal I will do whatever it takes to complete it, and I would have no problem cutting people out of my life if they were hindering it in some way. I do not have mood swings or extremely violent urges.

The doctor said, with the information I provided to her, that I fit the description of borderline antisocial personality disorder (psychopath/sociopath). Not the serial killer/rapist/criminal kind, but a high functioning kind. But borderline. Doesn't sound exactly definite and I'm not sure I fit the criteria. But it's a start.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote