Music Banter - View Single Post - Family business
Thread: Family business
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Okay then, time to bore you all with my family stories.

<snippety>

Thanks for sticking with it, if you have.
I like the cut of your jib TH. I have a similar story.

In 1994 my daughter was born. While her mother was in labor with her, my mother was in the same hospital, on the same floor, and I was going back and forth between them. My Mom had just had part of her lower intestine removed, and was recovering. So I'd go see my Mom for a while, and go back and check on the contractions (went for, and got a better job in the middle of all this mess too). Hanna came into the world, and my Mom was released.

About three months later my Mother suffered a Gran Maul siezure, and never fully came back from it. She was in a coma for a few months, and when we took her off life support she somehow willed herself to keep living (she was a VERY strong woman). She came out of the coma, only to have the cognitive skills of a 1 year old child. I'll just leave it at that. My Step-Father, brother and me all took care of her for 13 years until she passed away in her sleep in 2007. She had only held Hanna in her hands once before her siezure, but while Hanna was growing up, we'd go see her all the time, and after a while it seemed that she knew that Hanna was a part of her. She couldn't speak, but she'd gently caress Hannas face sometimes looking deeply into her eyes as if to say "I'm so proud of you.".

My Step-Father passed away last year. We hadn't spoken for some time, and my brother never let me know of his condition. I know a lot of people would be angry about that, but I love my bro and we are the only 2 left in our immediate family, so I let it go.

My real Father and I (as some may know) have just been reunited after 13 years (I know, whats with the 13 years thing? I dunno.) so happy days are here again. Hanna, my brother, my Dad, and me. Thats my family. Now, if you combine my GF's family which consists of 4 girls 3 boys which all have spouses, kids, and grandkids (a grand total of 26 people), my family is kinda huge. Christmas is usually a big mess.