Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #4535 (permalink)
Newkie
Boozy Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
I'd say that its between us, Newcastle and Norwich. Theres no way you can look at the table and remaining fixtures and claim that Norwich are safe. Then again, who in the bottom half is? Its so tight.
This is true, but I just feel Norwich have the most winnable game. Perhaps I'm wrong but the baggies are seemingly on their holidays (although they decided to wake up for us) and it's at home and Hooters should have them up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Okay sure, but in the context of the Premiership they're no longer in trouble, because they've lost their fight to stay in it. Sure, next season they may have a tough time surviving even in the lower tier, but that's next season. When I hear of a team in trouble now, I take it to mean they're in danger of slipping out of the top flight this year, which is why I was surprised to see you talk about QPR and Reading that way. They may be in trouble next season, but that's next season. For now, their troubles are over, in the worst way possible.
Yeah, that's the bit I was getting at. In terms of finances, depending on whether the financial fair play rules will ever have any effect (doubt it) half the teams in English football are in some financial trouble!
Newkie is offline   Reply With Quote