Music Banter - View Single Post - Family business
Thread: Family business
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

I'll begin with my grandparents. They're all dead.

As for my parents, my mom is definitely a character. She raised us all on the weekdays, and took us to my dads on weekends (they separated when I was around 5). She was a waitress for the majority of the time, but for a few years she did HVAC. She has horrendous ADD, so I tend to have to repeat myself because I know she didn't pay attention. She has an insanely short temper sometimes, to the point she'll break down in tears over little things, like the computer not loading fast enough. She's had alcohol issues since her and my dad separated, but decided to quit a couple of months ago.

My dad is very much a worker. He's dedicated his life to his masonry business. When he's at home, he doesn't really slow down. He'll go out and cut fire wood, he'll garden, he'll work on the house, etc. He's an outdoorsman. He loves fishing, especially fly fishing, as well as hunting. We're close, but I don't really feel like I can connect. I mean, I like being outside, so we have that in common. He definitely did a good job on teaching me that money comes from work, and so I would have to do small things around the job site to get my allowance.

My stepdad I'm not really close with. He goes out on the road quite a bit since he's a truck driver, and then when he's home he's usually in his room or down in the basement drinking.

My stepmom is insanely religious. She takes tons of pain pills because of an accident that happened forever ago, and as a result she's not "all there". I used to think she was drunk all the time.

My sister and brother Matt I'm close with. We all get along and joke around a lot. My stepbrother Dan joined the military and was stationed overseas. Nowadays he lives down by Harrisburg and works for the government. Something with auditing. I don't know. Money is involved. He used to be really hard to talk to and always seemed aloof. He's gotten a lot better recently.

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote