Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #13206 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

A low budget Aussie revenge thriller that whilst lacking in originality, it made up in the visceral stakes. Superbly played by the lead and it has a decent sub plot that underpins the whole film. Some of the physical scenes let it down a little but a decent throwback to Aussie Exploitation.

Almodavar does it again. I really can't think of many directors (Lynne Stopkewich apart) that can take lurid subject matter and still make beautifully crafted movies full of pathos and emotion that in any other directors hands would be crass and unimaginative.

All I will say about this movie is that Antonio Banderas is a brilliant surgeon who designs a new form of skin that is much more durable than Human skin. To say anymore would be wrong. Just like layers of skin, the film peels back it's layers to reveal something far more disturbing than mere flesh.

One of the few Horror movies I have seen that doesn't actually have any physical Horror in the film. It's slightly overlong and the film does take an about turn half way that could test your patience but the last 40 minutes drags it all back into focus and should leave your jaw suitably dropped.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote