Music Banter - View Single Post - Iggy Azalea
Thread: Iggy Azalea
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 11:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I think she has a pretty lucrative modeling contract as well, so there's that. If nothing else im sure she can get a reality tv show or maybe she can judge on a future version of "who's got talent rappers edition" i don't doubt her entrepreneurship for some reason.
I agree. I can't guarantee her popularity such as Rihanna's but I believe she will continue to make rap music and will do modelling alongside it. Thanks to her creativity with 'Pussy' and the associated music video she was launched into the mainstream world and was widely marketed. In the end, I think she's end up with her own empire which she will build over time using fame to sell her brand.

Which leads me to my next point. To the person who said she is different from her onstage persona - yes that is correct. She is a very down to earth and hard working individual. I don't see how she is any different from other pop and rap stars who have a onstage "personality" and a offstage "personality". Don't forget they are entertainers, they are paid to be how they are marketed as. It's the record labels who motivate how we see a mainstream artist, not the artist themselves. I don't think Iggy has lost her original onstage persona though, I believe that is what she wants to be seen as, as well as her label. Ti is a very supportive coworker.