Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 02:12 AM   #11809 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
There's no hard and fast rule, as in, you're not prohibited to ride a bike on the pavement/sidewalk, but you're not supposed to. I mean, think of it: you're on a vehicle which can just as easily cause injury if it hits you. What if it's a small child you hit, or a dog? Or worse, a fifty-year-old curmudgeon who's so busy shaking his fist at the last cyclist as he disappears in the distance that he doesn't see you until it's too late? Now you got yourself a lawsuit, buddy!

Oh, and while I'm ranting at cyclists: the traffic lights are for you, too! Just because you CAN breeze through them doesn't mean you do! The amount of bikes I've seen sail through a red light as if somehow if they hit you they're insubstantial or something and it won't matter! Hay-soos!
I've never heard of biking on the footpath being against the law/rules in New Zealand because there is way less population and we are far more relaxed than overseas are.