Music Banter - View Single Post - The Batlord Listens to Random **** and Talks About It
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #56 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

The Rolling Stones: The Rolling Stones

I'm sorta art rocked out for the moment and I had no idea what to listen to today, so I ended up settling for some straight up old school rock'n'roll. Everybody and their mother has listened to the Rolling Stones obviously, but I never gave more than a cursory listen to any of their actual albums.

P.S. I'm doing the English version, because fuck America.

This is definitely at its best when it's going all out. Songs like like "Route 66", "Carol", and "I Just Wanna Make Love to You" are full of more energy than any band has any right to have on a whole album. When they slow things down it's more of a mixed bag. While "I'm a King Bee" is suitably badass and is made even more badass with a harmonica (harmonicas fucking rule) songs like "Honest I Do" and "Tell Me (You're Coming Back)" are rather dull ballads that sound like the sort of songs that only a sixties teenager could love. Luckily these songs are few and far between and for the most part you have some truly kickass R&B. Not a whole lot else to say about this album, since it's not exactly the most complex or "arty" album ever made, but it certainly shows that an album made up almost entirely of covers can be pretty fantabulous.

Spoiler for I'm too lazy to make a click joke. So just click off. Wait a minute...:

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote