Music Banter - View Single Post - Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire) The Fantasy Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #499 (permalink)
PoorOldPo
Blue Pill Oww

I really enjoyed Littlefinger in the latest episode. What he said gave me chills, and made me realise how much of a threat he really is. Cringed a bit at the romantic scene at the end. But I guess they need to build up an emotional response to their relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
It took me about 10 months to get through all 5, but that was reading it very sporadically. I remember on the third book in particular I took a couple huge breaks (ie. I went a few weeks without reading it). Despite all those breaks, I didn't find any real trouble keeping up with the story. It might seem hectic at first, but you'll start putting names to faces and it'll all fall into place.

The only real issue I had is trying to keep up with some of the back-story at times. There are a lot of references regarding things that happened in the past with characters that are long dead, and I found myself a bit confused at times and flipping back through the books.

I am a slow enough reader, I read at a leisurely pace. I took my time with all five books and spread out the reading for about a year or more. I find that you absorb more when you read slowly, in any book I have read, whether it be on architecture, German mythology or fantasy.
PoorOldPo is offline   Reply With Quote