Music Banter - View Single Post - Nonexistent genre, what to do?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Labirent
Groupie

Default Nonexistent genre, what to do?

Hi all,

My question is going to sound delusional but I'm having sleepless nights over it, paired with a dose of nausea, so I hope any of you will be able to help me out of my misery.

I play the bass and I love both rock and metal, but I also love the disco genres: Techno, House, Electronic music and I love Ethnic vocals. All of these genres have sounds in common and I have found a way to combine these genres. It sounds good, it's rock with an influence of the darker sounds of the disco genres I said.

My problem is: this is something that does not exist. I have never heard such music. It does not fit in any subgenre and the only musical people I know won't want to work with me because everybody wants to stick to the known familiar genres. And unfortunatly it's impossible to do this on my own.

What do I have to do? Is it possible to find people who would want to try this with me or is there no chance and should I get it off my head?
Should I try it anyway and if yes, where should I look for a band?
Or should I stick to the known and make "normal" music?

Please help me. I'm really stuck. I have such great ideas, tons of lyrics, basslines and many more. But I'm on my own.
Is it possible?

*Nonexistent I mean..

Last edited by Labirent; 05-08-2013 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Typo
Labirent is offline   Reply With Quote