Music Banter - View Single Post - Would you enjoy the music you listened to as a teen if you heard it for time today?
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #23 (permalink)
ladyislingering
Maelian

Sometimes I revisit stuff I really loved when I was a teenager, and I sort of feel weird because I start to realize that my taste has changed so significantly. Lyrics I thought were brilliant back then are garbage to me now. Bands I was obsessed with then just seem like any other from their time period. For instance, I was pretty obsessed with The Cars when I was much younger than I am today, and nowadays I can hardly stomach most of their songs.

I went through an 80s glam metal phase, too. I don't understand why anymore. Maybe all teenage girls are just a bunch of horny weirdos or something. Actually, I went through an 80s phase, period. Now I might cruise around once in a while (with the windows up) listening to some 80s cheese if I can tolerate it/if I'm in a really great mood.

But for the most part, no. I don't think I'd be into stuff I listened to as a teen if I heard it for the first time today.

If my teenage self met my adult self, she'd probably be disappointed. I'm kind of a square, and she always wanted to be interesting/cool.