Music Banter - View Single Post - How well do you know your friends?
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
Ass Napkin Ed
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyislingering View Post
I can't tell if that disturbed you, but if it did, dude, get a grip. It's difficult for people to "come out of the closet" because it's a really personal thing, and they're never quite sure how their friends/family will react.

People are becoming more accepting and open-minded, but there's still too many bigots out there. Personally, I don't see why people get so weird around people who don't identify as cissexual or straight. If it really concerns them, they're obviously not friends. Friendship is about unconditional acceptance, respect, admiration. If you don't like your friend for who they are based on something that has nothing to do with you, you've got to get your priorities straight, man.

However, if the day comes when he comes out to you personally, I hope you'll be accepting of him. That's the most important thing. Can you imagine losing everyone who matters to you for no reason other than "they don't agree with my sexuality"? It's a terrifying thing for those living quietly with their secret. Your kindness toward him should not change. When he finally decides to "come out", he's going to need his closest friends more than ever.

Spoiler for mini-rant:
The first time I met someone from my past, they (born male) told me that they were a woman but they were apprehensive about how to transition and really learn to be themselves. My reaction: "Ok. Cool. Wanna cruise the shops?"

People need to get to a point, collectively, where this sort of thing is commonplace, or at least to a point where people aren't disturbed by gays/lesbians/transmen/transwomen/other genders/sexualities. It really doesn't matter. The love of my life prefers to identify as a woman. He's even really gorgeous with a little bit of makeup! So what? He's got a heart of gold; that's all I see.

People are people. As long as they're not hurting each other, people are just fine the way they are, and for who they are.
I am disturbed that someone could put so much effort into faking their sexuality just to feel excepted by me, especially since I have no problems w/ gay ppl so what was the ****ing point & as I said b4 he actually was already out, just not to me apparently.

Let me make this clear, I don't care if he's gay. I do care that he was pretending to be straight when hanging out w/ me, I care that what ever trust our friendship was based on was lie. So when I say that I can't be friends w/ him it's not the gay thing it's the lying & living a triple life thing, nothing more.

Last edited by Ass Napkin Ed; 05-09-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote