Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #284 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ears View Post
My memory of Hair of the Dog is that the title track was released as a single, but was withdrawn after BBC Radio refused to play the song. It was replaced by a hastily recorded cover of Tomorrow's My White Bicycle. Tomorrow was Keith West and Steve Howe's early band, but Nazareth's version is better and almost as good as Hair of the Dog. I do recall the band playing the song as part of a barnstorming (I think) Sight and Sound in Concert on BBC 2 TV. They were a band that seemed to get better and No Mean City is excellent too. I lost interest around Malice in Wonderland, when they seemed to be aiming for commercial success in America. The Manny Charlton band seemed pretty good, but I did not like their albums.
Well here I am leaning something from somebody that was actually there at the time. And the hastily recorded "My White Bicycle" sounds exactly like it was quickly recorded and sounds just like the kind of tripe that you used to get on Top of the Pops in the 1970s and 1980s. After Hair of the Dog Nazareth really went downhill........... but I aim to re-listen to a lot of those albums when I'm doing my years and they may spring a surprise which is often the case these days,
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote