Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #19419 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Groove View Post
I can't tell if Lou Reed was being serious with this album or not, but either way it's rubbish. All of it
I get the feeling that it was. Faced with a lot of pressure both in his career and his life and the fact that he had a lot of experimental influences, I could hear that something like this was something of an outburst. My take on this - Part artistic outburst, part FU to RCA, part sonic experimentation. I can sense it was a very intense time.

There is some "you either get it or not" humor in the back liner notes, though.

I can understand that there are not many fans of this, but in a way I seem to like this a bit - more in parts than taken in whole. As I stated elsewhere here, today it's kind of like a perfect soundtrack to venturing in decayed areas where industry used to thrive.

It was also considered to be released on RCA's Red Seal, the Classical Division, which would have been more perfect for this. If it would have been, then it would possibly would have been heard the right way more. Instead, this was marketed like any other Lou Reed album.
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote