Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #19425 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Groove View Post
The whole concept of feedback through the guitars and through the speaker sounds great on paper, but it just sounds like a experimental project being trudged through a woodchipper.
I can see why you don't like it, it's clearly an album that can distance itself from the listener. I think it has more depth than you give it credit for, though. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

Global Unity Orchestra - Jahrmarkt/Local Fair

Some incredible free jazz with a hefty list of incredible musicians such as Evan Parker, Peter Brotzmann, Derek Bailey, Han Bennink, and several others. It's messy, cacophonous, and sounds exactly like you would expect a 17 piece orchestra led by Peter Brotzmann to sound. On the song Local Fair, they took to the streets and invited every musician they could find to take part in their 30 piece accordion section for the song. The result is fantastic, no surprise for this group.

I can't find any youtube videos of the album, but here's another great piece they've done:

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote