Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #11842 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
At first glance, that seems like massive paranoia, but I've never worked in retail so I don't have any basis for that assumption. It just seems to me that if a corp is going to hire (or otherwise contract) people to f*ck with you so they can fire you for doing something you wouldn't otherwise do, that's a fiscally retarded corporation, and you're probably better off working for a company that doesn't waste time and money on creating problems.

I mean, intuitively, the whole situation just seems bizarre. And when it comes to huge corporations maximizing profits, your scenario makes it even more bizarre that they'd waste time and resources to make you f*ck up for grounds to fire you out of some ethical basis...

I mean.. really.

Really.

Does that make any sense to you?
It doesn't to me. Perhaps you can explain it better?
The "secret shoppers" I'm referring to are actually very common place, google "mystery shopping", you could apply yourself, though beware many of the sites are scams, and i hear it's a pretty crappy job (they don't reimburse you for gas and expect you to travel long distances)

Other shoppers could be ex-employees coming in and pretending to be customers, they can be managers from other stores, people who work in the office, etc.

It's usually pretty clear because they will have a gift card, ask some very specific uncommon questions, or try to cause issues that you have to notice. For example today i had a lady who had handwritten a different SKU on a product that was 300$ more than the price on the typical barcode sticker. This was to see was to see if i'd accidentally charger her way too much in which case i would have to call my supervisor and look like an idiot.

They rate you on everything from speediness to how well you hold a conversation, it's very subjective and thus very damming if you don't have a generic personality.

It makes sense from a corporate standpoint. You get to see how your employees work without the influence of management around. Management also gets to seem worker friendly because most of the quality control comes from the customer keeping employee on employee relations healthy.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote