Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 10:44 PM   #1387 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
Like that, Thom?
Insanity. This series may have been more nerve-racking that that collapse to Philly in 2010.

As much as they blow leads and look like crap sometimes, no one mounts comebacks like the Bruins do. When this team is on, they're on and are very difficult to stop. Bergeron has always been my favourite player, and he proved himself as a clutch player once again tonight. Lucic was also unbelievably key in that comeback.

Not sure what to expect against the Rangers. I know it's going 7, but it might be too much for the Bruins to take on a really solid team with their injuries on the back-end. Seidenberg is an absolute horse who can be relied on even more than Chara in my opinion, and losing him over the course of a 7 game series would be a huge loss. Ference was apparently in a walking boot, so that doesn't look promising. Not sure what's going on with Redden either. Either way, we're going to be icing a brutal d-unit. As good as Bartkowski looked tonight, he still made some mistakes, and the Rangers are very good at forcing turnovers, which he really has to watch out for. Hamilton was BRUTAL tonight too, but was great in the regular season. It's a good thing they start Thursday and game 2 is on Wednesday, because Chara could use a day or two off.

I know Staal is dealing with injury issues for the Rangers, but they have such a deep blueline that I think they could overcome that.

Most interesting match-up will be Stepan vs. whatever Bruins line they send him out against. I'm guessing the Rangers will want to match him up against the Krejci line, but he's going to get eaten alive on faceoffs no matter who he goes up against, and that's not a good thing for your number 1 center. I think you'll see a lot of Boyle on defensive zone faceoffs this series.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote