Music Banter - View Single Post - What Concerts Are You Going To In The Next Few Months
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #2978 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Attended a Prog Rock/Metal fest at the weekend and it was probably the worst 'Festival' I have ever attended. Whilst I have the utmost respect for the promoter who I talked to over the weekend, Holding it at a nightclub where there was no draught beers, only 6 beers available in plastic 330ml bottles (wtf?) at £4.50 a throw or 2 shots of Jim Beam for £12 (no mixers), a bad sound, a perpetually dark setting and an audience where me and my mate at 40 and 41 respectively were amongst the youngest at a magnificent crowd of around 300. Yes that is 300 and you have the most boring festival I have ever been to.

Threshold were really damn good but due to the lack of atmosphere, the vocalist had to get into the crowd and inject some atmosphere before closing the show at the granddad time of 9.30 PM (so the chavs could get in and tear the place up for a normal nightclub time) on Saturday!

We found a local Rock bar later where I was getting chatted up by a rather nice South African lady (good times) before a man sat next to us who turned to be her boyfriend whereupon I left her to my friend to get rid of whilst I smoked lots of cigarettes (bad times).

A far cry from my return to Bloodstock in August after a 2 year absence (I Hope) with this line up thus far:
Band Line Up - 2013 - Bloodstock Heavy metal festival band line and metal band Biographies.

Also hoping to get to a local family friendly festival that is in a couple of weeks with Bill Bailey headlining on the Sunday with Dreadzone and Lucy Rose which is well worth the day pass of £43 and as it's a 30 minute walk it means no taxi's, hotels and other expenses.

Also lined up is Fat Freddy's Drop in October at a weekend date in London which means an epic weekend should be in order, Damnation Fest in November (Carcass and Crippled Black Phoenix for starters) and Black Sabbath in December means that the year should end on a good note (Oh and Killing Joke/ The Mission and Fields of the Nephilim four days earlier in the same week as Sabbath).

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote