Music Banter - View Single Post - new and don't know how to download music
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
darryl dayton
Groupie

I have bolded my responses below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stp View Post
Found these instructions with a quick Google. If you're not sure where the files are on your computer try doing a file search for files *.mp3

I know where the CD I downloaded is on my computer

Instructions
Using Drag and Drop

1 Connect your RCA MP3 player to the computer using the USB cable that came with your device and click the Windows "Start" button.

When I plug the RCA MP3 player into the USB it brings up a window titled "auto play" with different options but none of them titled as you have indicated in the next instruction (#2)

2 Click "My Computer" (Windows XP) or "Computer" (Windows Vista and 7). You should see your RCA MP3 player in the devices section. Double-click your RCA MP3 player in the devices section to open the device. A new window will launch. You should see the "Data View" and "Media View" folders.

I have Windows 7. Yes, I know where this is and when I double click it it does bring up another window but there is nothing titled "data view or media view. In this window it has the rcaeasyRip,setup.exe and when you click on it asks you if you want to allow changes to your computer which if I do this I think it will just install it a second time. It is already installed because it ripped the CD in my CD holder in the computer to the music file in my computer already.

3 Double-click the "Media View" folder to open it. Drag songs from the folder you saved them in on your computer and drop them into the "Media View" folder to upload them to your MP3 player.

4 Close the Media View window when you finish, and then click the "Safely remove hardware" icon next to the clock to launch the hardware window. Click your RCA MP3 player in the hardware window, and then click "Stop." When prompted, disconnect your MP3 player from your computer.
darryl dayton is offline   Reply With Quote