Music Banter - View Single Post - Badlittlekitten's top 100 Albums
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #24 (permalink)
Badlittlekitten
And then there was music

Silver Apples - Contact

Psychedelic Rock/Early Electro
Best tracks; A Pox On You, I Have Known Love, Ruby, Fantasies, You're Not Fooling Me.

I couldn't put it any better than some bloke from Wire magazine, "a four-track recording fusing layered oscillators, sustained chords, frantic skitterings of unearthly insects and Dan Taylor's metronomic drumming. It is the sound of the American dream dissolving into a nightmare."

Except, more importantly, it's one of the few albums that brings out my trusty set of air drums. And if I close my eyes tight enough during 'Water', I swear, I can actually teleport across my living room. And that wibbly wobbly thing during 'You're Not Fooling Me' gets me shaking my head from side to side until my neck's sore. In fact there's a lot of wobbly oscillator bits and it's luvly jubbly. The hypnotic drones of Contact set the foundation for fellow pysch/electro adventurers Suicide, Kraftwerk, Can, Neu! and virtually everyone that made the early seventies so exciting. It's also funny and funky and pretty and spooky. Now let me join you gadgeteers!

https://soundcloud.com/bad-little-kittens
My Top 100 LPs
My Top 52 Indie Tracks Of The 21st Century (incomplete)

Last edited by Badlittlekitten; 05-15-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Badlittlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote