Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #11895 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Back to my bitching about jury duty for a moment: the foreman of my jury was an amazing combination of stupid and obnoxious that you usually only encounter on the internet. One of funniest things she did was insisting to me that testimony was considered physical evidence. I explained that, no, physical evidence consists of tangible, physical things, not words spoken from the witness stand. We went around on this a few times until I finally said, "You know what, we're just have a semantic debate here that doesn't impact how either of us is voting. Let's just drop it." Her response, "This isn't a semantic debate!" Wonderful, I thought, not only does she not know what the word "physical" means, she also doesn't know what "semantic" means. So, abusing her powers as foreman, she insisted on asking the judge if testimony was physical evidence. They had to reassemble the courtroom for this. Then they called us in, had us sit down in the jury box in front of the judge, the lawyers, the defendant, the gallery, and all the officers of the court. The judge read the foreman's question aloud then responded, "No, testimony is not physical evidence." We were then lead back into the deliberation room and the foreman never apologized, admitted she was wrong or even brought up the subject ever again.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote