Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Showcase
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #226 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Even though it's not guitar (God forbid... lol), or original for that matter, I still appreciate the artistry in your work BD. Mastering a classical piece that has been around for centuries, and on a separate instrument from what is was written for, is a remarkable artistic trait in any musician and you should be proud of what you've accomplished thus far. I enjoyed those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
You should be proud. You're great at your instrument. Nothing wrong with covers. I know some people who think its pointless to learn the music of others, I disagree. It's really fun, I continue to do it and probably always will.
I haven't been back to this thread in awhile so only just saw these posts. Thanks guys. I play guitar as well but flute is, and will always be, my first love. In traditional classical music studies, learning pieces from other composers is of the utmost importance, because it's the onlu way to learn proper technique on your instrument. Individual expression is highly encouraged though (that is, if you don't have a stodgy old traditional instructor, lol).

I put over 12 hours a week into learning, perfecting, and memorizing flute pieces up to performance quality standards, so I thank you for the positve feedback. These are things that I would normally prepare for examinations so getting outside opinions boosts my confidence.

I just received a book containing over 2000 different flute pieces from a wide selection of composers in the mail, so I may be compelled to share the ones I've learned with you in here or in my journal
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote