Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #19441 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Bibio - Silver Wilkinson (2013)
This album starts out very mellow, probably for the first 3 tracks and it's quite surprising not to hear any vocals, especially considering some of the material on 2011's Mind Bokeh and even 2009's Ambivalence Avenue. But Mind Bokeh had particularly up-front vocals that indicated he was going for a more mainstream appeal, so it's interesting to hear the new album start out this way. And while vocals are present on the album, the whole thing feels far more mellow than the last two, perhaps more appropriately positioned between Vignetting the Compost and Ambivalence Avenue. This is good news, as I thought about half of Mind Bokeh was overblown and cheesy. That said, Ambivalence Avenue is my favorite so I almost wish it was a little bit more engaging, though there are several engaging tracks once you get past the first few. Certainly a good album for spring and summer.