Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recent Events/Controversies? Anyone?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
The Bengazi nonsense isn't really that surprising to me. Certainly, it is disturbing, but I wish the dialogue was focusing on why we involved ourselves in that conflict in the first place.

Regarding the IRS targeting conservative groups, I was about as shocked by that as I was by the AP issue. It seems to really unnerve people when you bring this up, but I don't see how these types of actions are surprising. Whether people recognized it in '08 or not, after his first term Obama's actions confirmed his major difference with Bush was not in regards to means but to the ends.
I can't say I was really "surprised" by any of it. What surprised me more is the apparent reaction to it all, or lack of one. Although I do applaud the more liberally-biased media outlets for actually reporting on it the way they are (I was surprised about that), I'm not getting a vibe that people as a whole are very concerned about what it is the government is doing.

It just makes me wonder if the whole "not being surprised because the gov can't be trusted anyway" thing is the reason, which is scary in and of itself, or if there is something else at work along partisan lines.