Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recent Events/Controversies? Anyone?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this, seeing as how it's all over the place right now. What do you guys think about all this stuff going on with the IRS targeting Conservative groups, the Benghazi inadequacies, and the seizure of AP's phone records by the DoJ?
IRS: The part of the government that collects taxes investigating some anti-tax organizations who had filed for tax-exempt status so far hasn't struck me as very earth-shaking news. But admittedly I was in jury duty for over a week and that was sapping most of my mental energy so maybe there's something I've missed here. I'll have to read more about it.

Benghazi: Was certainly a tragedy. I know a bunch of emails about it were released recently and the investigation has been ongoing for a long time. I guess we'll see what comes of it.

AP: I've just seen the headlines, now that my brain isn't completely fried at the end of every day I'll have to read up on it.

Some other recent crazy stories that don't have threads on MB...

Bangladesh building collapse: The death toll now stands at 1127. It's a crazy situation and amazing that they found that one person alive after 17 days buried alive. Still there are 98 people still missing which means the death toll could end up well over 1200.

Ariel Castro: How fucked up is this story? These poor women were captive by the monster for a decade and none of the neighbors ever knew. Pretty horrific.

The Gosnell case: Extremely messed up stuff. It was also being tried in the same building in which I was serving jury duty in at the same time I was there so the camera crews and protesters became part of my daily commute. Crazy.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote