Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 12:18 AM   #22 (permalink)
Key

Number 1 out of 15: A Swarm of The Sun - Zenith

Favorite track: Lifeline

A Swarm of The Sun is a post-rock duo that I have gotten to love a lot since I first heard them about a year ago now. They've been on my to go to list for when I just need something to chill out to. The song Lifeline in particular is a special one for me as well as my favorite, because it was the first song I had heard that gave me an introduction to their music. Not too long after that, I got to experience Zenith in it's entirety, and it is by far one of the best post-rock albums in my collection. It takes me a long time to really find a few key points with a post-rock band that I cling on to, but they are definitely one of the few that have allowed me to see post-rock being done in a bit of a heavier and smoother fashion. I could be butchering this review entirely, but it's late and I wanted to get this part of my journal rolling. Just give the album a listen if you want to hear some good post-rock.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote