Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #1314 (permalink)
Stephen
I sleep in your hat

Ok potentially the dumbest question in this thread but where is Internet Explorer in Windows 7? I have Windows 7 installed in a BootCamp partition on a MacBook Pro. I rarely use it but I need to do some testing. In order to test I need to network to my Mac printer. In order to network I need to install Bonjour. In order to install Bonjour I need a browser. I typed internet explorer in the search box at the bottom of the start menu and there's nothing there. Went looking for it and there is a folder in programs but no explorer exe. I figured ok maybe they don't bundle it anymore due to their legal problems so I went downloaded Safari for windows on my iMac and installed that. I still want to install Explorer though to try and get windows update working. I have had issues with activating Windows and it seems to want Explorer to solve the problem. Any clues? I don't have the Windows 7 disks because they set the laptop up at work.

Edit:
Well I managed to set up the printer as a CUPS share by following these instructions: Print from Windows 7 to a Mac Shared Printer
Only wasted the entire morning. Thanks Windows.

Edit 2:
Found the solution to missing Internet Explorer here: Internet Explorer missing on Windows 7.

Basically Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features on or off > Click check box next to Internet Exploror

Last edited by Stephen; 05-16-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote