Music Banter - View Single Post - Eurovision 2013 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 07:25 AM   #33 (permalink)
misspoptart
gimme gimme

Stupid semi-final 2 was stupid. So, here we go!

Latvia: PeR - Here We Go
A fine opener, but overall a very bland song. I liked the part when the lead vocalist jumped into the crowd to surf, and then exclaimed, "LATVIA IS THE FIRST TO CROWDSURF EUROVISION!!eleven!!!1 Generally though, I'm glad that it didn't qualify.

San Marino: Valentina Monetta - Crisalide (Vola)
What a gorgeous song. I really appreciate this entry from San Marino...it's leagues better than the shite they sent last year, and it so deserved to get in the final. I feel so terrible for Valentina, her voice is great and she must be so disappointed. Easily the best song in Eurovision 2013.

Macedonia: Esma and Lozano - Pred da se razdeni
This is the kind of performance that looks like I would like it. But then they sing, and it's totally ruined. I love the traditional-cultural bits and the fact that it is not in English, but I just don't think the vocals matched. At all. I'm glad I won't have to listen to it again.

Azerbaijan: Farid Mammadov - Hold Me
I didn't like this song that much at first, and I never felt like listening to it really. But the stage performance moved me somehow last night; it was very well choreographed and Farid has a charming face and very good tone quality. I'm happy with that choice.

Finland: Krista Siegfrids - Marry Me
I dislike her and this song. Way too bouncy and fruity, and in no way innovative or catchy. Simply annoying would be one way to describe this nonsense. I have no idea why anyone voted for it.

Malta: Gianluca - Tomorrow
Another mysteriously qualifying song. Nothing unique about it, and my mind is blown that someone thought it was at all worth watching again. Disappointing and upsetting that this is the kind of stuff Eurovision fans want.

Bulgaria: Elitsa Todorova and Stoyan Yankulov - Samo shampioni
I love bagpipes and Bulgarians, and naturally I thought this was a pretty good track. Her voice is so ethnic and the drumming was cool. I think what Bulgaria failed to understand was that this has been done before, a million times, and Eurovision fans are over it. Didn't qualify, and in the end, I didn't care, either.

Iceland: Eythor Ingi - Ég á líf
This song is and will forever be sounding like a child's lullaby. I mean, one big giant WTF moment. I guess it makes sense, considering that the kids should be asleep before Greece's song starts.

Greece: Koza Mostra feat. Agathon Iakovidis - Alcohol Is Free
Where is alcohol free, my Greek friends? Are you serious? Gimme some! This song is the only "fun" song that has qualified for the final, as far as I can tell. Traditional instruments and crazy dancing, plus an old guy playing a microscopic guitar. Yeah, it's a good time. I'm glad it went through.

Israel: Moran Mazor - Rak bishvilo
Everyone seems really upset that this song didn't make it, but I don't see the hype. She's an okay singer and the song was forgettable. Not sure that I care to write much more than that.

Armenia: Dorians - Lonely Planet
UGH! BARF EVERYWHERE. THIS PIECE OF CRAP SHOULD GO HOME NOW. Worst, cheesiest, dumbest song ever known to man. Besides what came out of Georgia. I am completely shocked at Eurovision for choosing this over Albania or San Marino.

Hungary: ByeAlex - Kedvesem
See above.

Norway: Margaret Berger - I Feed You My Love
This is another song that absolutely deserved to qualify, and I am so glad it did. She's a great artist; the song is different and good.

Albania: Adrian Lulgjuraj and Bledar Sejko - Identitet
What a shame! What a shame! WHAT A SHAME. This song was so well performed, I was blown away. What those guys did on stage completely transcends anything promotional I saw from them prior to the show. I really wish they had made it. So sad.

Georgia: Nodi Tatishvili and Sophie Gelovani - Waterfall
Just crap. Crappy crap crap. SAD FACE. I felt like I was watching a ****ty rendition of "Titanic." Watch, this will win, too.

Switzerland: Takasa - You and Me
Every Eurovision song is named "You and Me" these days. ENOUGH ALREADY. Also, mildly entertaining song. I was completely confused by the old dude with the upright bass, who looked completely astonished and clueless as to why he was there/what he was doing. Hilarious. I'm indifferent to their not-qualifying status, really.

Romania: Cezar - It's My Life
THIS IS WEIRD. This is so, so, so so so so so so so weird. That's all I can really say about it. Just. Why? And who in seven hells voted for it, anyway? Oh, Romania...were they going for the Dracula with no testicles sound, or what?

All in all, the final is shaping up to be the stinking piece of crap I knew it would be. PSYCHED!
misspoptart is offline   Reply With Quote