Music Banter - View Single Post - Katy Perry
Thread: Katy Perry
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #340 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopsych View Post
Zooey is overrated, in looks and talent. Katy is very overrated, in looks and talent. (Without makeup and the dark hair dye, she's only slightly attractive.) The best things I can say about Katy Perry are that she's ambitious, distinctive, and great at going with song ideas that will be hits, like another new version of Madonna (without being a loathsome person).
You know, the more I listen to Katy Perry, the more I like her and her music.

Currently, I am obsessed with "Last Friday Night - TGIF." I've probably listened to it 100 timesa over the last several weeks. This is ironic, because my Friday nights I am often working recently. Also, I hate alcohol and probably would get into some mopey existential funk if I were at a frivolous party with people barfing and dancing...

...but damn this song is catchy!

I also feel Katy Perry is darling in her video. I like seeing how she stamps indignantly over to the party house to try to get the partygoers to settle down, but secretly she's wishing to join in the fun and be hot like the other girls. Then after her "teenage dream" makeover, she is ecstatic to be "beer-spitting sexy" ha ha.

I feel she's just so cute with her beaming braces smile and giddy party behavior, which she plays up well for the video, so I give this song and video 10/10 for achieving its goals:

Katy Perry - TGIF
super catchy to me
and she even makes vomiting look cute!

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote