Music Banter - View Single Post - The great hardcore/punk countdown
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #492 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
No Territorial Pissings the only real punk rock song on that album.
I don't understand the Nirvana nod, but the thread has been a good read and polarizing to say the least.
Well Fred, if you have any recomendations let me know, I'm going to revamp the list in the fall, as I don't feel I finished the job I set out to do, which was to make a good comprehensive list of hardcore/punk bands.

Basically I didn't start checking out the indie labels until mid stream, and as a result, I ended up compiling a long list of bands that were too late to fit on the list. I also didn't do a very good job of capturing the harder end of the genre by today's standards, too many old school bands.

As for polarizing, the countdown was just for fun, I didn't actually think anyone would follow along, so Nirvana was an easy way to avoid mumbling when I noticed the view count was spiking.

I just went with my ear, if I didn't, most of the metalcore & melodic hardcore bands would have been eradicated from the list. You would be surprised at how much I held my nose, it was not my personal top 10.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote