Music Banter - View Single Post - The great hardcore/punk countdown
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #493 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
Well Fred, if you have any recomendations let me know, I'm going to revamp the list in the fall, as I don't feel I finished the job I set out to do, which was to make a good comprehensive list of hardcore/punk bands.

Basically I didn't start checking out the indie labels until mid stream, and as a result, I ended up compiling a long list of bands that were too late to fit on the list. I also didn't do a very good job of capturing the harder end of the genre by today's standards, too many old school bands.

As for polarizing, the countdown was just for fun, I didn't actually think anyone would follow along, so Nirvana was an easy way to avoid mumbling when I noticed the view count was spiking.

I just went with my ear, if I didn't, most of the metalcore & melodic hardcore bands would have been eradicated from the list. You would be surprised at how much I held my nose, it was not my personal top 10.
I thought it was alot of fun to read WTB. I'd say its been a fun read and the feedback from other users made it interactive enough to avoid being stale. Gonna be interesting to read Bastards Metal thread and i'm looking forward to that along with your revamped thread. Kudos my friend.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote