Music Banter - View Single Post - For Real Music Lovers
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 02:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
anticipation
Music Addict

Well, seeing as how im still young, I'd hafta say that the genres that represent me most are: Punk, Jazz, Blues, Old Rock and Roll, and some Rap. I'm 13, and i already know who Syl Johnson is, Johnny Thunders, Link Wray, Elmore James and Magic Sam are, not to brag. I guess music has always been the one thing that Ive liked for my whole life.

Living in the city, however, there arent too many people you meet in my neighborhood like me. I spend most of my time listening, playing, and talkin about music. Alot of the songs I like are about the city, such as "Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta", or relax me like "Bullfrog Blues". I've never been one for popular music, current music, (such as emo, screamo, etc) or death metal, country, electronica, or avant garde stuff. I like music with a beat, a good grove/riff, and some tough lyrics.

With music, i can envision the emotions and places in the songs. Since i dont have enough money to go to France, i listen to Django. and since ive never been to New York, i listen to alot of Biggie. Music, for me, is the main source of entertainment for my imagination. On the other hand, i can connect with music from my life, such as Johnny Thunders, and Motorhead. Since both are agressive, I feel they are like my personal anthems.

All I can really say is I <3 Music.
anticipation is offline   Reply With Quote