Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Tool Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 02:39 AM   #559 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Am I the only person in the world who doesn't have strong opinion about Tool one way or the other? I respect what they do and think they're good at it, but that said, I can't remember the last time I felt compelled to listen to them despite the fact that I own/have owned three of their albums.
No, I don't have a strong opinion either. To me they're a talented 90s rock band who made some music that doesn't interest me. They are one of many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjinn View Post
No, they're just cerberal and visceral artists. A lot of fans don't understand Tool and still find them appealing. You don't have to understand anything. More like just shut up and experience them. :P

They've considerably evolved through their timeline in my opinion.
I think I finally see why people distinguish "Tool Fans" from people who simply like Tool.
If I understand you correctly, you're saying that it's cool if you don't have the brains to understand the Cerebral parts because you can always just get down with the Visceral parts that sound good?
I think Tool fans who "get" the Cerebral parts confuse people like me who don't even like the sound of their music.