Music Banter - View Single Post - Proccessed Meats=Cancer& the evils of GMOs
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #43 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Sigh. It is hard to raise a health-conscious child when every birthday party has pepperoni pizza and all your friends eat all sorts of meat. The best I can do is explain my position on meat to him. I also put my money where my mouth is by not buying him any meat, although he has the choice to eat it when he is at other people's homes. I am now a "mean mom" according to him.
Oh, you're not mean! You are a good mom by not totally restricting him from consuming meat when he's with friends, and that you're also practicing what you preach at home. I think as he gets older and understands more about diet, nutrition, and health he will make an informed choice about the right kind of diet for him. I am betting that he will eventually gravitate towards vegetarianism at the very least, solely based on the diet you provide at home right now.

I'm not vegetarian by any means, but I don't eat a whole lot of meat products overall. But I do like it. I was always glad my parents were accommodating of any choices I made about my own diet - I was always given the choice of "meat or no meat" at mealtimes so I knew that if I had chosen to be vegetarian they would not have an issue with it. I assume most vegetarian/vegan parents are accommodating in that way while also explaining the benefits of no meat or animal products.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote