Music Banter - View Single Post - Is this site more important than the ones you love?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 05:25 AM   #44 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Leaving aside for a moment the issue of the father's anniversary (I'll give you my opinion on that if you want it) but even that aside, I have never heard such a stupid assertation in my life. How can ANY site be more important than the ones you love? This is diversion, entertainment, a place to kick back and maybe offer or take advice or enjoy doing what you do, but if your loved ones need you there's a logout button and a shutoff key on your computer --- use it!

I love this site, but if my sister or any family member I get on with needed me, this would be put to one side. It's only a website, a forum, a thing. You need to prioritise. There's nothing as important as the people you love. They won't always be here, you know. What would you rather say, that you spent more time idly talking online with people you have never met in person or were there for the people who needed you?

If I've read the intent of the question wrong I apologise, but I can't see any way other than how I've read it.

Like Lister said in "Red Dwarf": they're just things. They don't matter. People matter.