Music Banter - View Single Post - Your favourite smell(s)?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Weird question perhaps, but it struck me as I was going into Tescos that one of the most pleasant and welcoming smells for me is fresh bread baking. There's just something so homely and warm about it, and it always puts me in a good mood.

Then there's aviation fuel. That goes back to when I was a kid, and as a treat (cos we lived near it) we would often get taken to the airport to watch the planes. And this was back when you could actually stand outside and breathe the fumes in, before all this security stuff later meant you had to watch through thick glass windows! Then when I became a planespotter in the 80s, that smell was part of my life for about five years.

And finally, coffee. I hate coffee, but even I have to admit the smell of freshly roasting coffee is a lovely welcoming smell.

So, anyone?
The office I work in over the summer (and hopefully into the fall!) is situated on airport property here, fairly close to the runways, so jet fuel is a regular odour outside, especially in the morning and in the early evening when the jets are being refuelled. I got used to it.

But my parents' house is right in the flightpath of jets that go to the airport, so the SOUND of airplanes will always remind me of home. One flies over about every 3 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
Flowers. I'm an amateur botanist in my free time. They die half the time but its fun.
No wonder why you've never sent me any flowers

My favourite smell is that smell in the air right after it rains. Wet asphalt, wet soil... it's so refreshing to me.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote