Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #28 (permalink)
Key

That's right. The first entry for Worth The Hype? will be introduced by none other than Daft Punk. With their recent album "Random Access Memories" being a huge hit among most of their fans, it brings up the question, are they worth all the hype they receive? A lot of people out there seem to see them as this basic electronic group that don't understand why they are so important, but than there are the people who do understand why they are so important. Me personally? I see them in the category of "sticking to their original plan". It never seizes to amaze me the beautifully structured things they can put together, hence the term "two heads are better than one". I remember when it was released that Daft Punk were the creators of the soundtrack for Tron, as if the movie hadn't been badass enough, just add a more than badass soundtrack, it's a fantastic listen if you ever get the chance. They are also very well known for tracks like One More Time, Around The World (in which that's ALL they say, and yet it still sounds good) and Robot Rock. I don't know, I could be completely butchering this and saying the wrong things, but I do see them as a duo of extreme talent that have only gotten better through the years, and their latest release proves that they've still got a bunch of talent in those heads that is just waiting to burst. So the album in general was definitely worth the hype, but is the band? Well...

That's is a big yes from me. They are a group that you need to give a fair listen to without jumping to conclusions too quickly, because with them, you don't know what you've missed. They could change your opinion in a blink of an eye just with one or two songs sounding differently than the others you've heard. Would I recommend listening to all their albums in one sitting? Probably not, we don't need your head to explode. But I will recommend listening to them when you have the time, because concentration is key.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote